Thursday, September 1, 2011

Blog Post #2

There were a few things that really struck my interest while reading this section of our text book.  The first thing that stood out to me was how much of a technological advantage we have over the people of the late 1700s.  I have understood that technology has increased over the past few centuries but it would be impossible to live my lifestyle in that era.  I can't imagine living a life without my cell phone to talk to people or the internet to research and network with peers.  The printing press could only produce about 800 finished printed pages a day, that is such a small amount in comparison to what mass production printers can do today.  
         Another thing that I really paid attention to in the book was Benjamin Franklin's illustration, "Join, or Die."  His drawing depicts a snake seperated into 8 pieces, each labeled a different colony.  He was trying to state that all of the colonies need to united to seperate from Great Britain.  I feel that Benjamin Franklin was able to show his opinions in very clever ways that made his work popular.  He was a very vital role in the seperation of the colonies from Great Britain.  

No comments:

Post a Comment