Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Blog #14


If I were a soldier in Lieutenant Cross’s unit I would probably carry multiple small things with me.  First off I would definitely carry a hatchet.  I believe that would be very necessary in many different situations.  It would not only be useful when fighting or in action, but also with just daily chores such as cutting branches when walking through the forest or also when cooking.  It wouldn’t be the lightest thing to carry around with me, but I feel like it would be a necessity to help me survive in those harsh conditions.  I think I would also carry some photos of my friends and family.  I know that the soldiers during the Vietnam War had a very hard time.  It was a very depressing scene and there was no realization of what normal life was anymore.  They went through one of the most gruesome wars in American history, and I’m sure nothing they saw was very comforting.  I would want to be able to look at photographs of my family and friends for comfort.  It would be nice to see what I was fighting for and what I have to look forward to when I finished my tour.  All those soldiers saw all day was their friends and enemies being shot and the bottom of their holes they dug to protect themselves.  I think the pictures would easily remind me of what I had back at home and remember exactly the reason I was fighting for.   I think the hatchet and the photographs would both serve me well if I had to fight in Lieutenant Cross’s unit in the Vietnam War.  

No comments:

Post a Comment