Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Blog #10


One point in time when I came to a significant insight in my life was when my best friend passed away my senior year of high school.  I was miserable for weeks with the thought of losing such a significant person in my life.  I couldn't go to school for a while and really had a hard time with the realization.  Over time I came to realize that I had learned so much from him and what had happened.  Although it was the most tragic thing I have endured in my life, I learned to appreciate everything that I have been given.  I have been very blessed with an unbelievable group of friends and family and I have been able to cherish them so much more through what I have experienced.  You can never take for granted all of the blessings you obtain in life and I learned to always appreciate them.  My friend, August, had tons of compassion and I have come to realize how important it is to live like that.  I have always tried to compare myself to August since he passed back in 2008.  He was the most care-free person I have ever met, and I was always the worrier.  I came to realize how important it is to do everything you ever wanted to do.  You never know when something can happen and I never want to feel that I didn’t get everything out of life.  It was the worst thing I could have ever asked to happen, but it enlightened me on what is important in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment